Research Data Manager
Land-use change and forest landscape restoration (FLR).
The impacts of selective logging on avian diets and how logging induced dietary shifts might alter the structure of interaction networks in the forest, linking changes in food resources to changes in species abundance
Former Lab Members – gone, but not forgotten!
- Jacob Socolar (Post-Doc 2021): Biodiversity impacts of tropical land-use change across spatial scales email@example.com
- Anne Cotton (Post-Doc 2020): Impacts of land-use change on soil in the Tropical Andes firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nelson Grima (Post-Doc 2020): Impacts of land-use change on socio-economics and cultural values in the Tropical Andes
- Felicity Edwards (Post-doc): Species interactions, ecosystem functioning, and anthropogenic disturbances across the tropics
- Cindy Cosset (PhD 2021): Impacts of selective-logging on bird populations
- Patrick Cannon (PhD 2021): Modelling of forest recovery after selective logging email@example.com
- Simone Messina (PhD 2021): Effects of selective-logging on the stress physiology of birds. Simone.Messina@uantwerpen.be
- Muhammad Hafidz Abdullah (PhD): Assess the sustainability of timber production in Peninsular Malaysia, to evaluate the role of forest restoration in meeting conservation goals
- Maira Cardoso (PhD 2021): Impacts of land-use change on butterflies. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emily Khazan (PhD 2020): Impacts of land-use change on butterflies. email@example.com
- Manoela M Mollinari (PhD 2019): Quantifying fire risk in selectively logged tropical forests. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Massam (PhD 2019): Forest recovery after selective logging.
- Felix KS Lim (PhD 2019): Managing unintended consequences of conservation actions. email@example.com
- Mohammad Nazrin bin Abdul Malik (PhD 2019): Impacts of seedling densities on Janzen-Connell effects. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Nelson (PhD 2019) Cost effective conservation of Afro-Palearctic migrant birds in West Africa. email@example.com
- Ileana Acosta (PhD 2019): Managing Amazonian logging to minimize carbon and biodiversity loss. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rebecca Senior (PhD 2018): Impacts of selective logging on climate microrefugia. email@example.com
- Joli Borah (PhD 2018): Improving carbon-biodiversity co-benefit of shifting agriculture under REDD+ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pamela González del Pliego (PhD 2017): Amphibian conservation in the face of land-use change and global warming. email@example.com
- Eleanor Warren-Thomas (PhD 2017): Rubber plantations in the Indo-Burma biodiversity hotspot: habitat loss, biodiversity and economics. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fabio Antonio Ribeiro Matos (PhD 2016):Impacts of fragmentation on functional and phylogenetic diversity in the Brazilian Atlantic forest. email@example.com
- Peter Tarrant (MRes 2021) Identify potential differences in winning strategies for dung beetles in areas that utilise land-sparing conservation techniques versus areas that use land-sharing techniques.
- Bryn Coffey (MRes 2021) Impacts of anthropogenic disturbance on the terrestrial ecosystem functioning and the implementation of practical conservation applications to aid recovery or prevent further damage.
- Benjamin JD Birch (MRes 2021) How anthropogenic disturbances alter community structure through changes in species diversity and composition, and the broader impacts this can have on an ecosystem level.
- Robert Tarrant (MBiolSci 2021) Impacts of forest loss and fragmentation on tropical species, and how species characteristics may impact their sensitivity to forest degradation
- Cain Agger (MRes 2021) The impacts of land use on migratory Afro-Palaearctic birds in West Africa, and how these land use systems may be altered to benefit biodiversity. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letitia Cookson (MRes 2019) Butterfly morphology and microclimate recovery after selective logging. email@example.com
- Christopher Bousfield (MBiolSci 2019) Economic costs of improved logging management under REDDfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Rob Davies (MBiolSci 2019) Neotropical oil palm on dung beetle functional diversity. email@example.com
- Thomas Pearson (MRes 2018) Impacts of logging on biodiversity and ecosystem functioning. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Callum Nixon (MRes 2018) Effects of land-use change on maintenance of email@example.com
- Gianluca Cerullo (MBiolSci 2018) Impacts of restoring logged forests on dung beetles. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carlos Aquila Chan Miranda (MRes 2017): Carbon and biodiversity co-benefits of secondary forest in the Brazilian Atlantic Forest.email@example.com
- Katie M Cook (MBiolSci 2017): Conservation of Brazilian Amazon PAs in the face of logging. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beth King (MBiolSci 2017): Value of secondary montane tropical forests for ants. email@example.com
- Gabriela Montejo-Kovacevich (MRes 2016): The impacts of selective-logging on butterflies in the Brazilian Amazon. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Edmund Bashman (MBiolSci 2015): Recovery of amphibian communities in secondary forests of the Tropical Andes. email@example.com